The Liquid Amber is one of Amber Lane's sherried expressions that features whisky matured in ex-Fernando de Castilla sherry casks; they are one of only two distilleries on Earth who are granted access to do so. This rich, unctous whisky was bottled at 48% abv.
Offical Tasting Notes:
"Ambling through a forest, the air is alive with honey, exotic blossoms and rich earth. Sipping golden nectar from an ancient tree, we savour the comforting flavours of toffee, chocolate-coated honeycomb, maple syrup, orange zest, dried apricots and figs. A long sweet cinnamon finish."
Amber Lane is a whisky distillery based in the Yarramalong Valley on NSW's Central Coast. It was founded in 2017 by two amateur astronomers and friends, Rod Berry and Phil Townsend. The duo have since committed themselves to crafting excellent spirit and spared no expense in sourcing top quality, large format ex-bourbon barrels (primarily sourced from Heaven's Hill) and bodega ex-Pedro Ximenez casks. They took their time with maturation, waiting until the whisky was ready for bottling, rather than rushing to market after the minimum 2 years.
Amber Lane's Ethics:
- Consistent high-quality mash bill that creates pleasing new make with an emphasis on the original barley together with a creamy sweetness;
- Double-distillation using a pot still designed to maximise copper-contact, thus producing more complex flavour chains;
- The very best seasoned barrels, sourced from premium producers of Spanish Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso Sherry and Kentucky Bourbon;
- Maximised ageing to produce more complex flavour profiles, using larger barrels than many other Australian whisky producers (mainly 200-250L casks)
- Skilled blending of individual barrels to produce consistently delicious whisky;
- Non-chill-filtration in all expressions to preserve as many of the flavour-producing esters and congeners as possible; and
- A conscious preference for releasing our whisky at higher alcohol strength.
- Single Malt
- New South Wales
- Amber Lane