Our Sake Appreciation introduction to sake tastings return to The Oak Barrel this September! This month we’re all about the traditional styles of sake, drilling down into practices, processes and flavours we love and would love to know more about.
A guided tasting through a range of sakes, we welcome guest speaker, Rey Takahashi – part owner of importer and distributor SakeNet – to explain what differences there are within tradition and modern sake. We’ll go through the history of making sake, the different styles, grades, processes, flavours and food pairings.
This tasting is open and tailored to drinkers of all experience and knowledge. Whether you’re just getting into the national, historic but sometimes mysterious Japanese national drink, or you’re a seasoned drinker looking to taste some new arrivals – we’d love to see you there to share and chat.
WHAT: Welcome to Tradition - An Introduction to Traditional Style Sake Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 26 September 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $30 for members, $40 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.