Established in 1858, Tyrrell’s Wines continues to stand as one of Australia’s most iconic wineries. As one of the pioneers in the Hunter Valley for over 160 years, Tyrrell’s Wines has shaped the way for a range of quality styles and expressions seen in the Hunter today.
While historically a large part of the Tyrrell’s wines were crafted by blending a selection of fruit from quality vineyards, the redefinition of the vineyard source has been the major change at Tyrrell’s over the last 25 years. In 1983 Tyrrell’s produced their first formally recognized single vineyard wine, the HVD Hunter Semillon. Over the next 10 years, the location and soil of each of the vineyards were studied to gain a better understanding of the effects on the flavors in the same varietal.
The Single Vineyard range is now one of Tyrrell’s most important releases of the year, this release celebrates the greatest collection of Single Vineyard wines from the Hunter Valley and their ability to age, improve over time and show a sense of place. The microclimate of each vineyard produces a wine which is unique and shows a true connection to the soil. The Tyrrell’s Single Vineyard wines are only made in years when nature contrives to produce fruit of such outstanding quality that these unique parcels are set aside to be separately bottled.
Handed down through 4 generation, Tyrrell’s is now managed by Bruce Tyrrell, where it continues to go from strength to strength. Alongside the achievement of James Halliday’s Winery of the Year in 2010, Bruce has been recognized by the Order of Australia for his contribution to the Australian wine industry, he has also been named a Hunter Valley Living Legend at the Hunter Valley Wine Industry Awards, awarded the Graham Gregory Award for his service to the NSW Wine Industry, and received the Hunter Valley award for excellence.
On Tuesday 22nd of October, we welcome Bruce Tyrrell to the Oak Barrel Tasting Room to showcase the release of the new Single Vineyard range of wines. This release includes wines from 2014 and 2017, both highly regarded vintages producing exceptional wines. Bruce will take us through each of the wines, the vineyards, the history, and the winemaking behind them. Definitely one not to miss!
What we'll be trying
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard Stevens Semillon 2014
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard HVD Semillon 2014
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard Belford Semillon 2014
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard Belford Chardonnay 2017
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard Stevens Shiraz 2017
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard Old Hut Shiraz 2017
Tyrrell's Single Vineyard Mother's Shiraz 2017
WHAT: Tyrrell’s Single Vineyard Release Tasting with Bruce Tyrrell
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Tuesday 22 October, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $35 for members, $45 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
• To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
• We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
• If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
• Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
• If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
• Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.