Itâs the most famous name in Australian whisky and the distillery we get asked most for, so itâs a shame that we can offer Sullivans Cove whisky to our customers so rarely.
Amongst the incredible demand for Sullivans and Tasmanian whisky in general, we here at The Oak Barrel are mindful of the fact that thereâs a lot of people who may be new to whisky and havenât had a chance to discover the distillery. Or old fans who haven't been able to find any in a while. Reputation and notoriety are one thing, but the most important thing to do with whisky is drinking it.
So, weâre very excited to announce another Sullivans Cove tastingÂ in our Cellar Room, where weâll go through their latest releases, delve into some very special releases (which you may not try again), discover their brandies and learn about what the future holds. To that end weâre looking forward to welcoming the duo of Production Manager Heather Tillott and Strategy Manager Fred Siggins into our tasting room to take us through everything Sullivans.
Between themselves theyâve been responsible for a lot of the Sullivans weâve drunk recently, Heather working the stills and Fred working the planning pen.
Theyâre also going to be responsible for what we drink long into the future, so this is an excellent opportunity to listen to and pick two brains at the forefront of Australian whisky.
This is strictly a one-night-only event, with limited bottles available to purchase on the night. Limited quantities and obviously over 18s only.
What Weâll be Trying
Sullivans Cove Double Cask
Sullivans Cove American Oak
Sullivans Cove French Oak
Sullivans Cove Double Cask Brandy
Sullivans Cove Single Cask Brandy
Plus one, two or three surprises depending on whatâs ready by thenâ¦
WHAT: Sullivans Cove Whisky Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 12 September 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $50 for members, $60 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.