They’re the makers of our 2018 Whisky Of The Year and we’re gladly welcoming Melbourne’s Starward distillery back to our tasting room this June.
A pioneering Australian distillery, they continually manage to balance the fine line between exceptional quality and affordability, producing whisky for sharing and creating stories. In recent years the distillery has continued to evolve, launching the Double Grain Two-Fold, renaming their wine cask Nova and pumping out limited edition releases which are in higher demand than ever before.
With founder David Vitale relocating to America to spearhead the global charge, there’s also be something of a personnel change as well. Welcome Sacha Nourse, the new Global Brand Educator for Starward.
He’s probably served you drinks at the distillery, or perched next to you on a whisky bar stool somewhere in recent years and now we’ve locked him down from his international travels to talk all things Starward.
As well as reminding ourselves about the core lines, he’ll also be digging out some very special unreleased drams to showcase to Oak Barrel customers.
Strictly one night only with limited spaces, let’s immerse ourselves in a champion Australian whisky distillery.
What we’ll be trying:
Starward Red Manhattan Bottled Cocktail
Plus, samples of two unreleased single casks/projects.
WHAT: Starward Tasting With Sacha Nourse
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 27 June 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $30 for members, $40 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.