It's been a minute since we dedicated a night in our tasting room to one of our favourite independent bottlers, That Boutique-y Whisky Company, so we're thrilled to announce we're doing precisely that on Wednesday 29th June. We will be exploring the newly released Boutique-y Wine Cask Series MMXXI, which features whiskies from around the world (Australia, New Zealand, Germany to name a few) matured in various sherry and red wine casks.
To make this evening even more special we will be unveiling a brand-new Oak Barrel exclusive whisky. You will be the first to try the teaspooned, Oloroso cask finished, Boutique-y Campbeltown 6-Year-Old Blended Malt Whisky that was selected by former Whisky and Spirits Educator, Scott Fitzsimons and the release of which, has been nearly a year in the making. The label of this release features the "disco cows" which pays tribute to the spectacularly ugly whisky series released in 2014 by Glen Scotia, though from where this whisky is sourced, we couldn't say...
One of Scotland’s most prolific independent bottlers, Boutique-y share an ethos with The Oak Barrel that whisky is meant to be drunk, whisky is meant to be fun. Known for their bright labels and excellent juice, they have bottled most distilleries in Scotland and are increasingly expanding to include whiskies from around the world.
Their limited-edition labels are designed by Emily Chappell and reference interesting elements (or in-jokes) about the distillery. Their batches, which can be single casks or married from a number of casks, are bottled at the strength they deem the whisky is most enjoyable at.
The Oak Barrel will be graced with the presence of TBWC's Simon McGoram for the evening to take us through this impressive series.
What We’ll Be Trying:
On arrival: Boutique-y World Whisky Blend Highball
Boutique-y Black Gate 3-Year-Old Australian Single Malt Whisky Batch 2 (46.1%)
Boutique-y Balcones 2-Year-Old Texas Corn Spirit Batch 4 (50%)
Boutique-y Willowbank 18-Year-Old New Zealand Single Blended Whisky Batch 2 (50.5%)
Boutique-y Saillt Mor (Destillerie Ralf Hauer) 4-Year-Old German Single Malt Whisky Batch 1 (64.1%)
Boutique-y English Whisky Co. 9-Year-Old English Single Malt Whisky (67%)
Plus the Brand-New Oak Barrel Exclusive:
Boutique-y Campbeltown 6-Year-Old Blended Malt Scotch Whisky (57.5%)
WHAT: Baller Boutique-y Old and Rare Whisky Tasting Event
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Wednesday 29th June 2022, doors open 6:15pm for a 6:30pm start
TYPE: In-person only
PRICE: $50 for members, $60 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.