The latest batch of single cask and independently bottled whiskies from North Star have arrived in Australia so it’s time we organised a get together to try them all.
This is now series 007, and for some reason anything named 007 is quite special. As well as new editions of the exceptionally good value blended malts Vega (28-Year-Old) and Spica (29-Year-Old), we’ve got single casks from Invergordon, Fettercairn and an undisclosed Orkney distillery.
These are fantastic whiskies from a fantastic bottler, how often do you see 28 and 29-year-old whiskies under the $300 and $200 price bracket?
Because there’s no huge peat bomb in 007, we’re gonna dig up something from the archive – a 12-year-old single cask Ardbeg from Series 005.
The tasting will be hosted by The Oak Barrel’s Scott Fitzsimons and importer Scott Farrow from Wonderland Drinks.
The Glasgow-based bottler emerged a few years ago with striking bottles and a knack for excellent casks. Ever since we tried the first series of bottlings we’ve hoped for a long relationship with North Star, something we’re very proud to say is well on its way to fruition. This will be a wide-ranging and fascinating evening with some excellent whiskies from one of Scotland’s best young independent bottlers.
What We’ll Be Trying From Series 007:
North Star Fettercairn 12-Year-Old 54.3%
North Star Invergordon 31-Year-Old 63.1%
North Star Orkney 12-Year-Old 56.4%
North Star Spica 29-Year-Old 44.1%
North Star Vega 1990 28-Tear-Old 44.5%
Plus from series 005:
North Star Ardbeg 12-Year-Old 51.9%
WHAT: North Star 007 Series Whisky Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 18 July 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $40 for members, $50 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.