Japanese spirits are surging in popularity all over the world, but beyond the worlds of whisky and gin the country has a deep, rich history with spirits.
Ever wanted to explore traditional Japanese spirits but didn't know where to start?
At the Oak Barrel, we decided to give you guys a helping hand by covering the history of these traditional spirits from isolationist Japan through to modern trends. This night is for everyone whether you are the lovers of culture, spirits and/or the curious.
We'll focus quite a bit on shochu, an historical enigma of the spirits world. With a quiet history and a curious process using things like sweet potato, barley and sake lees, each drink will challenge your taste buds.
Plus, no Japanese spirits tasting would be complete without some whisky...
What We'll Be Trying:
A special welcome drink
Red Kirishima Sweet Potato Shochu
Mugishiru Barley Shochu
Dassai Sake Lees Shochu
Ki No Bi Green Tea Gin
Yoichi Single Malt Whisky
Tsurume Heiwa Yuzushu
WHAT: Japanese Spirits Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Wednesday 13 November 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $55 for members, $45 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.