Ever fancied yourself as a whisky blender? Would you like to say you helped create an Australian whisky release? Just fancy a really fun night out with some really great whisky?
Iniquity’s ‘Design A Dram’ night is coming to Sydney in March 2020, with whisky lovers invited to come along and create the South Australian distillery’s next release!
Iniquity is the label from the Tin Shed distillery, run by distillers Vic Orlow and Ian Schmidt. In mid-2019 Iniquity held a function in their home city of Adelaide which invited fans to ‘Design A Dram’. The whisky made on that night was released as Batch 17 and thanks to the success of the event, Iniquity fans have been able to convince Ian and Vic from the distillery to hold a Sydney edition!
In groups of three, punters will be given a range of single malt cask samples drawn from barrels at the distillery and invited to blend together the whiskies. Particulars of each cask sample will be given on the night and you’ll be asked to record the make-up of your creations.
At the end of the vatting period, each team will be asked to submit a 50ml sample and the recipe to the judges (as pizzas come out to thank you for all your hard “work”) who will go through the whiskies to decide which will become an official Iniquity single malt release.
You will receive 6x 100ml sample bottles to create your blend from and whatever you don't use (or consume) on the night will go home with you.
Be sure, no previous experience of blending whiskies is needed to take part in the night! This was an exceptionally fun night at the Adelaide leg and we expect it will be here also.
Full details of the process will be given on the night. Tickets will be sold in groups of three, otherwise you can buy an individual ticket and be placed in a group.
Attendees will be offered the opportunity to pre-order the release at a very generous ‘one night only’ price.
WHAT: Iniquity 'Design A Dram' Sydney
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Wednersday 25 March 2020, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE FOR INDIVIDUALS: $140 for members, $150 for guests (will be placed in a team)
PRICE FOR TEAMS OF THREE: $375 for members, $420 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.