We’ll be dedicating a night to a giant of the Scotch whisky industry this November, opening some of the most intriguing whiskies Highland Park has released in the past couple of years.
The Orkney distillery are not ones to do things by halves and we’ll be taking the same approach Thursday 14 November when we crack open some very special releases.
Drawing from some of their limited edition expressions, we’ve put aside a bottle each of the Light and Dark expressions – two 17-year-old, 52.9% whiskies that show contrasting wood maturing in brutish force.
We’ve also held back a bottle each of the Fire and Ice releases, which caused quite a stir when they hit the market in 2017 and 2016 respectively. Never officially brought into Australia, these are unique takes on the spirit – how many port cask Highland Parks are there, for example?
A more recent addition to the canon, Australia’s own Mjolner Highland Park release stands up next to some of the best we’ve had from the distillery in recent years so we’re excited to put it next to these heavy-hitters.
Viking influence has been felt across the Orkneys for centuries and Highland Park’s packaging and storytelling is only too happy to embrace the fact. And so they should, the use of local peat and Orkeny’s unique environment has an inherent impact on the whisky we taste in our glasses.
Drinking great whisky goes hand-in-hand with sharing stories and experiences and so we’ll be doing plenty of that with brand ambassador Josh O’Brien on hand for the evening.
What We’ll Be Trying
Highland Park Fire 15-Year-Old 45.2% (see here)
Highland Park Ice 17-Year-Old 53.95 (see here)
Highland Park Light 17-Year-Old 52.9% (see here)
Highland Park Dark 17-Year-Old 52.9% (see here)
Highland Park Mjolner Edition 14-Year-Old 56.5% (see here)
Plus more on the night depending on what passes customs in time…
WHAT: Highland Park Whisky Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 14 November, 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $65 for members, $75 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.