In a night of old favourites and rarities, we’re excited to welcome Glenfarclas stalwart and veteran Scotch whisky identity Ian McWilliam back into our tasting room for an evening of exploration through the famous distillery.
The Oak Barrel has long been a lover of Glenfarclas whiskies – you may remember we bottled our own exclusive release many years back – and our businesses are similar in more ways than one. Both have very proud histories (the Grant family bought Glenfarclas in 1865, The Oak Barrel was founded in 1956) and remain fiercely independent and family owned.
Most importantly, whenever we celebrate Glenfarclas in our Cellar Room we tend to have a lot of fun together. It’s been two years since we welcomed McWilliam into our tasting room – he’s since been inducted as a Keeper Of The Quaich – so we’re ready to welcome him back again.
McWilliam has long been an integral part of the Glenfarclas family, having started with the business in 1991 (he’s been there over 28 years). McWilliam grew up in the region near the distillery and he joined their team shortly after finishing school as Assistant Head Warehouseman.
He spent 14 years on the production floor, helping craft the whiskies that are being bottled today, before he moved into the sales side of the business – now overseeing Glenfarclas distribution across 33 countries. His intimate knowledge and experience with Glenfarclas makes him one of the most highly regarded, and entertaining, whisky presenters in Scotland.
Strictly for one night only, tickets are limited. We’ve selected some of our favourites from the regular line-up, plus sourced rarities you may not try again (read: the 105 60% expression at 22-year-old).
What We’ll Be Trying
Glenfarclas 105 22-Year-Old
WHAT: Glenfarclas Whisky Masterclass
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 4 July 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $45 for members, $55 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.