The name GlenDronach is one that evokes memories of sherry cask monsters, of opulent whiskies dripping with sherry cask influence. Dark hues, rich fruits, lingering sweetness.
While we hold these rare casks in high esteem, we don’t always take the time to investigate the sherry that has given us such gloriously flavourful casks. So this August we’re going to revisit a tasting we haven’t held for over five years – a whisky and sherry matching.
Taking a number of expressions from the GlenDronach portfolio we’ll match their classic 12-Year-Old, the decadent 18-Year-Old, the latest vibrant Cask Strength edition and a single cask with a variety of sherry styles.
Taking us through it all will be both the team from GlenDronach as well as Bibendum’s Ian Barr, one of the most knowledgeable sherry minds to grace the Oak Barrel tasting room.
Tickets are strictly limited to 30, one night only.
What We’ll Be Trying:
GlenDronach Cask Strength
GlenDronach Single Cask (TBA)
Toro Albala Oloroso
Toro Albala Amontillado
Toro Albala Don PX 2016
Toro Albala Don PX Gran Reserva 1988
WHAT: GlenDronach & Sherry Whisky Matching
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 8 August 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $50 for members, $60 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.