The latest release of single cask whiskies from famed sherry-cask house GlenDronach have just about landed in Australia and is tradition – we’re going to open them all as soon as they do.
Batch 17 is one of the most varied releases of the single cask expressions and six of the expressions have been allocated to the Australian market. Those six are drawn from single casks exclusive to the Asia-Pacific region. Europe won’t be seeing these.
They include duelling 2006 13-year-old barrels – one in oloroso and one in Pedro Ximenez – and then four over-20 releases. The most intriguing is perhaps the 1992 port pipe, the distillery almost never releases single casks that aren’t sherry-matured.
It is also one of the smallest allocations into Australia, with just about 50 of each expression making it down under. There’ll be one less of each when we open them all for another GlenDronach Single Cask Tasting night.
Presented by Brand Ambassador Thalita Alves, we’ll go through the history and provenance of each whisky. These sherry (and port) bombs are an increasingly rare and expensive style these days, so it’s going to be a real treat and pleasure to go through six in a row.
While the bottles have not yet landed in store, we are taking pre-orders for when they arrive in the coming weeks. You can see all the details on casks and their pricing here.
Strictly one night only, the GlenDronach nights are usually some of our quickest-selling events.
What We’ll Be Trying:
GlenDronach Single Cask 2006 #3359 13-Year-Old Oloroso Puncheon 56.7%
GlenDronach Single Cask 2006 33343 13-Year-Old Pedro Ximenez Puncheon 56.3%
GlenDronach Single Cask 1995 #3040 23-Year-Old Pedro Ximenez Puncheon 52.5%
GlenDronach Single Cask 1992 #113 26-Year-Old Oloroso Butt 50.1%
GlenDronach Single Cask 1992 #5896 26-Year-Old Port Pipe 49.3%
GlenDronach Single Cask 1990 #2623 28-Year-Old Oloroso Butt 50.1%
WHAT: GlenDronach Single Cask Batch 17 Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Tuesday 26 November, 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $65 for members, $75 for guests
Strictly limited tickets. Strictly over 18 only. RSA will be strongly observed.
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase memebrs tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specific their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.