The Oak Barrel is excited to confirm one of our most significant gin tastings ever as we celebrate the combined genius of Australia’s Four Pillars, Sweden’s Herno and Japan’s Kyoto Distillery win distillers and representatives from all free.
On Tuesday 29 October Four Pillars Master Distiller Cam Mackenzie, Herno’s Head Of Customer Experience Magnus Ernstsson and Kyoto Master Distiller Alex Davies will converge on the The Oak Barrel tasting room to celebrate their respective creations and collaborations.
One of gin’s great strengths and joys is its regionality. Not only can the best producers use local and native botanicals to create uniqueness, carefully crafted aromas can reflect the environments in which they were born. Given how effective smells can be in recollection and memory, gins can transport you to time and place. All three of these distilleries are from distinctly different parts of the world and take great pride in utilising such local botanicals.
As well as implementing their unique environments into their own gins, they’ve also influenced in each other through collaborations – ones we’ve seen on the market and ones that are still in development…
An informative, conversational night of tasting, talking and laughing about gin, we’re pretty confident this will be one of the most memorable tasting nights to be held at The Oak Barrel this year.
The exact line-up of what we’ll be trying is to be confirmed – and depends on what’s ready in time – but there'll be expressions from all three distilleries plus tastings of their work together.
Strictly one night only.
WHAT: Four Pillars, Herno, Kyoto: A Global Gin Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Tuesday 29 October, 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $35 for members, $45 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.