Few countries in the world have a winemaking history as rich as the country of Greece. As one of the first wine producing areas in all of Europe, traditions and styles are embedded alongside the beginning of wine cultivation across the continent.
Enriched in the Mediterranean climate which provides long, dry summers, Greece has a diverse range of terroir across the mainland and islands. With a large number of native varietals, wines of many different styles are produced across the country. From the white, citrus driven, saline Assyrtiko’s of Santorini, and the spicy, plum and blackcurrant Agiorgitiko from Nemea, to the bold, rich Xinomavro from Naoussa, often referred to as the ‘Barolo of Greece’.
Despite the wide range of quality wines produced, these wine are not a commonplace in Australia, outside of specialty venues. However, with an increasing number of wineries in modern times, more and more quality Greek wines are reaching our shores.
Join us on the 17th of October to taste through 8 wines from Greece as we discuss and break down a range of different varietals and regions. This is a unique opportunity to discover this historic winemaking region.
*Wines to be announced*
WHAT: Exploring the Wines of Greece
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Thursday 17 October, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $35 for members, $45 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.