Bowmore, Glen Keith, Ben Nevis: we'll be dipping into some excellent casks from these fabulous Scottish distilleries (and much more) this September as we hand over the tasting rooms to Melbourne's The Elysian Whisky Bar.
One of Australia's best whisky bars, owners Kelvin Low and Yao Wong are always on the look out for great independently bottled and single cask whiskies. With a back bar that's risen to national, and international, prominence in a very short time, they also import some of their favourite whiskies. Always available in very limited quantities, they've graced The Oak Barrel shelves for brief periods of time in the past 12 months.
With both Kelvin and Yao in Sydney for the Bar Awards, where they're nominated for Whisky Bar Of The Year (they won it last year), they asked if they could take over our tasting room for a night. We were more than happy to oblige.
Strictly limited numbers, one night only.
What We'll Be Trying
Asta Morris Fettercairn 10-Year-Old 50%
Asta Morris Glen Moray 11-Year-Old 50%
Eiling Lim Glen Keith 24-Year-Old 50.8%
Thomson Bros Ben Nevis 22-Year-Old 44.4%
Eiling Lim Bowmore 15-Year-Old 52.2%
Eiling Lim Zen Label Irish Single Malt 47.7%
WHAT: The Elysian Whisky Bar Hosts An Oak Barrel Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Monday 16 September, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $50 for members, $60 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.