After a couple of years in the wilderness, we're excited to be brigning back The Oak Barrel's monthly Cocktail Club with Ally Ayres from the Karu Distillery in The Devils Wilderness!
Creating - in our opinion - one of the country's best gins, distiller and co-owner Ally will be down at the Oak Barrel tasting room to take us through their gins and some of their favourite cocktails.
Expect a cocktail on arrival, tasting of their gins plus guidance through two or three cocktails they've developed in-house that match their gins perfectly.
Yes, that includes their famed "G&Tea" creation.
An in-store only event, the OB Cocktail Club is a series of intimate events where you get to know the spirit and the people behind them - so numbers are strictly limited.
What We’ll Be Trying:
Karu Affinity Gin 44%
Karu Lightning Gin 57.5%
A range of cocktails inspired by Karu's gins. (Think negroni, think G&Tea, think surprises.)
WHAT: Karu Join Oak Barrel's Cocktail Club!
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000 or Your House
WHEN: Saturday 8 May 2021, doors open 1.45pm for a 2pm start. Finishes 3.30pm.
PRICE: $40 for members, $30 for guests
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
• To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, for the in-store tasting there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
• We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will receive their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
• If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
• Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
• If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specific their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
• Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.
THE OAK BARREL’S 2021 WHISKY TASTING SEASON
In 2021 The Oak Barrel will once again host a series of intimate, enjoyable and wide-ranging whisky tastings, but now they’ll be over a few different formats.
Our in-person tastings will return to our Cellar Room, which will now be capped to 20. This will not only ensure the safety of customers and staff, but also ensure that the events are as comfortable and as intimate as they can be.
These tastings will encompass a wide range of whisky themes, from the classic ‘Whisky Appreciation’ nights to nights based around specific countries, regions, styles, distilleries and bottlers. Hosted by in-house whisky educator Scott Fitzsimons, we’ll also welcome special guests from all around the country to present in front of you.
This does not mean the end of our successful virtual tastings, however. With international travel still uncertain, we’ll be calling upon international guests to join us in a virtual capacity. In these cases we’ll make up tasting kits, which can either be sent around Australia or picked up and enjoyed in store with us in front of the big screen.
We look forward to a big year of sharing great drams through 2021, the 65th anniversary of The Oak Barrel.