With a history that spans almost three centuries, the French Chartreuse liqueur is a drink shrouded in mystery and history. Whether it be the secret recipe closely guarded by monks, the complex flavour profiles (sometimes sweet, sometimes spicy – always alluring), the aging in bottle – there’s always something more when it comes to Chartreuse.
To this day Chartreuse is made by a religious order, as it has been since its first creation in 1605. It’s also a rare spirit/liqueur that ages in the bottle. Created with a recipe of 130 herbs – a closely guarded secret made available only to the monks producing it. Beyond of the classic Yellow and Green expressions seen behind any bar worth its salt there’s a deep and varied portfolio of styles.
This August we’re excited to welcome Emmanuel Delafon, CEO and international advocate of Chartreuse, to The Oak Barrel tasting room.
For this tasting we’ll look at the history, the production and the flavours that make Chartreuse utterly unique in the world.
One night only, strictly limited spots at strictly 18+.
What We’ll Be Trying
Chartreuse Green VEP
Chartreuse Yellow VEP
Chartreuse 9th Centenary
Chartreuse Elixir Vegetal
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT WILL RUN FROM 6PM - 7.30PM
WHAT: Chartreuse Masterclss with Emmanuel Delafon
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Tuesday 6 August 2019, doors open 5.45pm for a 6.00pm start
PRICE: $30 for members, $40 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.