The Oak Barrel will welcome back good friends David and or Andrew Baker from the Bakery Hill whisky distillery back to The Oak Barrel tasting room in February for a very special preview of some limited release and experimental expressions due to be released in the next 12 months and beyond.
It’s a special year for the Victorian distillery – stars at their return to Sydney Whisky Fair 2019 – as Bakery Hill celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2020. It’s a sensational achievement for the first mainland distillery built as part of the modern whisky renaissance. Having fought and worked to get Australian whisky recognition not only internationally, but domestically as well, Bakery Hill has at times flown under the radar.
A distillery not akin to brash marketing splashes David Baker and family have always let the quality of the whisky do the talking and have conscientiously worked in the past decade to build up stocks. That’s no easy task, given that the majority of their releases are over seven years old and more than a few see over a decade in the barrel.
This tasting night is one of the most unique tastings ever held by Bakery Hill, whose limited editions are traditionally few and far between. It follows a similar tasting in their home town last 2019, which was a great success.
Strictly limited stock samples mean strictly limited tickets. Over 18 only.
The night will be hosted by a representative from Bakery Hill, to be determined early in 2020.
What We’ll Be Trying
Bakery Hill Classic Single Malt
The famous staple from the distillery.
Bakery Hill GBW 2020 Hop Nation Collaboration
Finished in a stout cask from the Hop Nation brewery, to be released May 2020.
Bakery Hill Double Wood Cask Strength
A cask strength version of their French Oak matured expression. Release TBC.
Bakery Hill ‘DB’s #1’
An as-yet unnamed release of a peated whisky brewed and distilled at Bakery Hill. 11-year-old, to be released early 2020.
Bakery Hill Little French Peat
Lightly peated matured in virgin French oak and then American oak. Release TBC.
Sherry Finish Barrel Sample
Unpeated spirit matured at Bakery Hill before being transferred to a 100 litre ex-sherry cask from Chiefs Son. Release TBC
Muscat Finish Barrel Sample
Lightly peated spirit matured at Bakery Hill before being transferred to a 200 litre ex-muscat cask from Pimpernel Winery. Release TBC.
WHAT: Bakery Hill New Release Preview Tasting
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney, 2000
WHEN: Tuesday 18 February, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $75 for members, $85 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.