The Oak Barrel’s whisky night of nights is upon us again with the confirmation of details for the 2019 Australian Distillers Dinner.
A celebration of the Australian whisky industry and those who drive it forward, we’ve once again assembled a line-up of distillers from around the country, young and old, established and emerging. They’ll each pour something unique and special on the night as we officially kick off Sydney Whisky Fair 2019 on Thursday 29 August.
We’re excited to confirm David Baker of Bakery Hill distillery will be in attendance, on the eve of the distillery’s 20th anniversary. An stalwart of the industry who often goes under the radar, we’ll be celebrating his input and relentless chase for quality.
From Lark distillery we’ll welcome ‘first-generation whisky nerd’, and now distiller, Jonnie Edwards to look into the future of one of Australia’s most iconic whisky distilleries.
A New South Welshman-turned-Tasmanian, Alex Rowles brewed beer on Bruny Island before taking up the mantle of Overeem’s head distiller in 2018.
For the first time in many years we’ll have Nant back at Sydney Whisky Fair and will welcome head distiller Jack Sellers, a position he has now held for six years, to the Distillers Dinner.
From New South Wales, Brian & Genise Hollingworth are celebrating Black Gate's ten-year anniversary throughout 2019. Having moved to distilling exclusively peated malt, we'll take a look at how those casks are shaping up now they're coming of age.
One of Tasmania's top rated distillers, we've finally got Dean Jackson up in Sydney and he'll be showcasing his latest projects from Spring Bay distillery.
Representing the next generation of whisky distilling, Leigh Attwood is the founder and head distiller of Backwoods, based out of Yackandandah in north-east Victorian high country. They have been distilling rye and malted barley since January 2018 and as one of the most promising new distilleries in the country we’re excited to share a progress report with you.
This year we will be heading to the Blue Oasis restaurant, which overlooks Darling Harbour. They source produce from New South Wales exclusively and we’re excited to see what they’ll come up with to match the Australian whiskies.
This is an event very strictly limited by capacity. As well as the whiskies wine and beer will be supplied for the night, which will be easy-going, conversational and story driven. Do not delay in purchasing your tickets as we will not be able to fit more people for who we’ve catered for.
We have frozen the pricing from 2018, $150 for Oak Barrel members, $160 for guests.
If you have any dietary requirements, please make them known in the order notes at the checkout.
WHAT: Oak Barrel's Australian Distillers Dinner 2019
WHERE: Blue Oasis, King Street Wharf, 3 The Promenade, Sydney
WHEN: Thursday 29 August 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $150 for members, $160 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.