The Isle Of Arran Distillery is both a case study and a success story of the modern Scottish whisky industry.
It could be argued that the island itself is the distilled essence of Scotland and ever since Arran whisky began appearing for sale in the late ‘90s, whisky lovers have enjoyed the wide-ranging expressions to come out of the distillery. We’re lucky to confirm that the distillery’s Global Brand Ambassador Mariella Romano has managed to fit us in to a whirlwind Australian tour in July, tasting through the range and a very limited milestone whisky.
Master Distiller James MacTaggart celebrates his 12th year with the distillery in 2019 and has crafted the Master Of Distilling II 12-Year-Old release to mark the anniversary (the first edition was release on his tenth year). A cask strength whisky drawn from Palo Cortado sherry casks, there are just a handful of bottles coming into the country and this is a rare chance to try – and buy – this release.
On top of that Mariella will take us through the distillery’s young history since its 1993 formation and 1995 ramp up into full production and look to what the distillery’s future holds. It might seem like there’s not much Arran haven’t already tried, but the inhabitants of Arran (of which there are less that 5,000) are not ones to sit still.
Strictly limited numbers and one night only.
What We’ll Be Trying:
Arran Lochranza Reserve
Arran The Bothy
Arran Machrie Moor
Arran Master of Distilling II
Arran Gold Liqueur
WHAT: Arran Whisky Tasting With Mariella Romano
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Friday 12 July 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $40 for members, $50 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout.
- Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.