A very special tasting evening of the Antique Lions Of Whisky Savannah series – six very rare, exceptional aged whiskies from Springbank, Octomore, Clynelish, Glen Keith and more.
Following on from the excellent Birds and Butterflies series tastings of 2018 and ’17, we’ve been lucky enough to secure two sets of the third series – Savannah.
Antique Lions Of Whisky was formed by Jens Drewitz of Germany’s Sansibar alongside Italian whisky merchants Max Righi (Silver Seal) and Diego Sandrin (Whisky Antique), all giants of the European whisky scene.
Designed as a homage to the Moon Import bottlings prominent in Europe in the ‘90s and ‘00s the ‘Savannah’ series follows the lauded ‘Birds’ and ‘Butterflies’ series, all of which were/are exceedingly rare outside of Europe. Once again, in tribute to the mythical Moon Import releases these bottles carry some of the best packaging we’ve ever seen.
The whiskies have been selected to have an ‘old world European’ style, which is a rare treat down under. The Antique Lions Of Whisky series may be the most consistently brilliant selection of whiskies in the past couple of years, so we have great expectations for this latest release.
The tasting will take place Wednesday 6 March. There are strictly limited spots and we can’t do more than one night. We also can’t guarantee that there’ll be anything left to sell on the night, which will see bottles at members’ pricing.
All single cask, cask strength.
WHAT: Antique Lions Of Whisky – ‘Savannah’ Tasting Night
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney 2000
WHEN: Wednesday 6 March 2019, 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: Members $100 and Guests $110
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase memebrs tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specific their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.