Amberosia is the first ex-Bourbon cask expression from the distillery. This single malt was primarily matured in 200L ex-Heaven Hill Bourbon barrels with the addition of a small amount of their ex-sherry cask matured whisky to add an extra layer of creamy richness. Bottled at 48.5% abv.
Official Tasting Notes:
Nose: Aromas of honey crepes, vanilla and citrus drops.
Palate: Lemon sherbet, apple pie with custard, vanilla nougat, baked cheesecake, barley sugar, toffee, cinnamon, strawberries and cream, mandarines and Jaffas.
Finish: A luscious sweet lingering finish.
Amber Lane is a whisky distillery based in the Yarramalong Valley on NSW's Central Coast. It was founded in 2017 by two amateur astronomers and friends, Rod Berry and Phil Townsend. The duo have since committed themselves to crafting excellent spirit and spared no expense in sourcing top quality, large format ex-bourbon barrels (primarily sourced from Heaven's Hill) and bodega ex-Pedro Ximenez casks. They took their time with maturation, waiting until the whisky was ready for bottling, rather than rushing to market after the minimum 2 years.
Amber Lane's Ethics:
- Consistent high-quality mash bill that creates pleasing new make with an emphasis on the original barley together with a creamy sweetness;
- Double-distillation using a pot still designed to maximise copper-contact, thus producing more complex flavour chains;
- The very best seasoned barrels, sourced from premium producers of Spanish Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso Sherry and Kentucky Bourbon;
- Maximised ageing to produce more complex flavour profiles, using larger barrels than many other Australian whisky producers (mainly 200-250L casks)
- Skilled blending of individual barrels to produce consistently delicious whisky;
- Non-chill-filtration in all expressions to preserve as many of the flavour-producing esters and congeners as possible; and
- A conscious preference for releasing our whisky at higher alcohol strength.
- Single Malt
- New South Wales
- Amber Lane