Appearing in Sydney for the first 2019 public tasting, we are proud to welcome Japanese sake importer Supersake's own, Tika, who will take us through a range of new, highly coveted sake's from across Japan, including the now legendary Domaine Senkin and a personal favourite from us at the Oak Barrel, Imada Shuzo.
We first met the amazing team from Supersake at a sake festival 2 years; like many importers in Australia, they began out of a frustration with the availabilty of premium sake in Australia and set out to correct this from their base of operations in Perth, constantly flying out to Japan, meeting with local, small producers to find the very best sake that they could.
We are delighted by an exceptional sake line up including a new, bottle conditioned sparkling sake from one of the few existing female toji; Tika will also be bringing the now legendary Senkin. Founded in 1806, Senkin is the oldest brewery in Tochigi prefecture but the reason to fame is far more recent when in 2008, 11th generation Kazuki Usui (a trained wine sommielier) along with his brother began major changes to modernise his family's sake, increasing natural acidity and sweetness, only producing genshu (undiluted) and moving away from yamadanishiki rice to more unique varieties such as Kame no O and Omachi.
We hope you can join us as we try a range of incredible sake.
WHAT: 2019 Sake tasting with Supersake
WHERE: The Oak Barrel, 152 Elizabeth St, Sydney
WHEN: Friday 15 February 2019, doors open 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start
PRICE: $30 for members, $40 for guests
How To Buy Tickets
- To purchase a ticket please add this item to your cart and process at the checkout. Please note, there are no physical tickets - your name will be on the door.
- We offer one members-priced ticket per paid-up membership. Members will recieve their discount once the ticket is added to the cart.
- If you are a member and add more than one ticket to your account, the remaining tickets will be charged at guest prices.
- Please advise any friends that are members that they will need to log into their own account to purchase members tickets.
- If you are buying a gift for someone else, please specify their name in Order Notes during the checkout process.
- Tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable, so please make sure to check your dates before booking.